ALTE Institutional Affiliates are organisations with an interest and active involvement in language testing. They are not full members, and the quality of their tests cannot be guaranteed. However, they aspire to meet high standards of quality in language assessment.
Benefits of becoming an Institutional Affiliate include:
Procedure to become an Institutional Affiliate
1. Complete the ALTE Institutional Affiliate application form and prepare a supporting document with background information regarding the organisation, the work in relation to language testing, and the areas you hope to develop in the future through to your participation in ALTE.
2. The above documents shall be reviewed by the ALTE Board of Trustees, either during one of the bi-annual Board meetings or by email. The Board will decide whether the organisation is allowed to join ALTE as an Institutional Affiliate. The Board's decision is final.
3. If the Board accepts your organisation, you will be asked to complete and sign the ALTE Institutional Affiliation agreement. If you would like to examine this document in advance, please contact the ALTE Secretariat.
4. Upon receipt of the document (duly completed and signed by the legal representative of the organisation), the Secretariat will issue an invoice to pay the annual subscription fee for Institutional Affiliates (€500). The subscription fee is payable at the beginning of each calendar year. If the organisation signs the ALTE Institutional Affiliate status agreement on or after 30th June, they will only be invoiced for half the amount of the annual fee (€250) for that year, and the full annual fee from the year after.
5. The annual fee must be paid timely according to the terms of the invoice. Delays in payment may affect your affiliation with ALTE and/or your chances of being re-accepted again in the future.